Let’s face it – we’re all human. all capable to have moments of weaknesses. Willfully or not, we break a commandment or two during the course of the day. In other words, we sin. They may not be serious enough to send us to hell and eternal damnation, but nevertheless, they are sins. The first time I heard a priest say that the Ten Commandments are not Ten Suggestions, I thought it was clever, then I thought, yes, that IS so true. As good Catholic Christians, who are serious about attaining our ultimate goal of Paradise, we should observe them diligently and faithfully. May this group be a reminder for us to make frequent and regular Examination of Conscience, as well as frequent and regular Confession. Feel free to share your thoughts, with as little or as many words as you prefer.
The Ten Commandments
1. I am the LORD your God: you shall not have strange Gods before me.
2. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the LORD’S Day.
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.
Have you broken a commandment lately?
This forum is empty.
Oh bother! No topics were found here!
You must be logged in to create new topics.